Policy on Privacy of Client Personal Information
Abundant Living Personal Coaching is committed to protecting the privacy and security of every client’s personal information obtained by reason of your client relationship with us. This policy explains the types of client personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
• public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
• professional and business directories available to the public,
• certain public registries and court records,
• certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching is responsible for all personal information under its control.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information.
Abundant Personal Coaching identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually is collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
• Abundant Living Personal Coaching will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
• Abundant Living Personal Coaching will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
– express consent has previously been given,
– where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Abundant Living Personal Coaching as noted below.
4. We limit the collection of your personal information.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching collects only the information required to provide services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Abundant Living Personal Coaching will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
• Communicating with you generally.
• Processing and keeping track of discussions, strategies, initiatives and
related activities; and reporting back to you.
• Providing services requested by you.
• Recommending products and services that Abundant Living Personal Coaching
believes will be of interest and provide value to you.
• To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
5. We limit use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching uses and discloses your personal information only for the purpose it was collected. Abundant Living Personal Coaching does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. We do not share your personal information with third parties, and we retain your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
6. We keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching keeps your personal information up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for Abundant Living.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
• physical security measures such as restricted access areas and locked filing cabinets;
• electronic security measures for computerized personal information such a password protection;
• and organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to the coach with whom you are directly working.
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by Abundant Living.
You can request access to your personal information stored by Abundant Living Personal Coaching. To contact us, refer to the detail below. Upon receiving such a request, Abundant Living Personal Coaching will:
• Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
• Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify its accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
• Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns, and complaints about privacy.
Abundant Living Personal Coaching responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns, and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.